Some days we wake up and you feel sluggish, unhappy and restless. You may feel sad or angry, but you cannot seem to put your finger on why.
Nonetheless, we do need to get through these days, so here are a few handy tips and tricks for those days.
- Find the good in each bad. E.g. if it’s raining outside and you really do not want to get up and go to work, just listen to the sound of the rain and how much you appreciate it. Appreciate the relaxing sound. Now try and get up!
- Cleaning the house and the kids have made all kinds of mess. Show gratitude that you have children and that they are having fun whilst making a mess. Thanking them for having fun even though you have to clean might not feel good at the time, but later on in the day, you will have a big smile on your face.
- Exercise. I know, I know. Exercise is everyone’s answer for everything. Like coconut oil. Thing is, it really, really works! Get that heart pumping and feel happy to be alive.
- Hug your friend, your pet, your boyfriend, husband, kids, whoever. Just hug it out. Hugging for just 30 seconds to 1 minute can release endorphins, eliminating stress and tensions.
- Find a new viewpoint. If there is one certain aspect of your life that you are struggling with, try to find a new viewpoint or stance on the situation. Shedding a new light can work wonders.
- Realise that everything you are going through, you are going through for a reason. May as well keep your head up and mouth smiling.
- It is what it is.
Bad days happen. What’s important to remember is that there is always going to be good and bad.